International Business Administration
The programme focuses on specific areas such as entrepreneurship, corporate finance, business to business marketing, organisational management, EU institutions, ethical issues in the international business environment, and more. Students will become experts in how to successfully do international business and they have the opportunity to study business environment in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
LEVEL OF STUDYMaster's
STUDY LOAD120 ECTS (view curriculum)
MODE OF STUDYFull-time study
This programme uses the traditional content and curriculum of MBA studies and is tailor-made for future leaders in private and public life. In the programme design, key words are comparability, practicability and extensiveness, which all can be summed up in one concept – quality.
The 2 year (120 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Entrepreneurship Studies (6 ECTS)
- Economics, Financial Management and Accounting (18 ECTS)
- Corporate Governance, Management and Marketing (30 ECTS)
- Special Studies (36 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (24 ECTS)
Download full curriculum (PDF)
Mike Wahl, PhD (Business Administration), MBA, MSc (Foodservice Technology) is associate professor of management at TalTech University, Estonian Business School, and visiting professor at Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1. He is teaching corporate governance, strategic management, and master degree courses for master students. He is member of the International Corporate Governance Research Network, European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), and Indian Academy of Management (INDAM). Before commitment to his academic career he used to work as manager in influential hospitality and retailing enterprises like Gloria, Kultas & ko, Reval Hotelligrupi, Hansa Hotel, Balt-Hellin, Strand, and Rimi Eesti Food Ltd.
Gunnar Prause is Professor of Business Development at the School of Business and Governance of TalTech University in Estonia and he is board member of the Institute of Cooperative Studies at Humboldt University in Berlin. His working areas are entrepreneurship, innovation and SME management, supply chain management and business development. He enjoys a 15-year experience in European projects with a focus on logistics, innovation and regional development in Europe with a focus on Baltic Sea Region. Professor Prause lectured and was invited to presentations in numerous countries around the world and he published a large number of scientific papers and books.
Maris Zernand-Vilson is a Lecturer in management. She is teaching currently management, organizational behavior and human resources management. She has defended her PhD in the study of implementation of new management ideas. She has been supervisor for numerous research and graduation papers and has created and conducted executive trainings. She has been active in the field of schoolmasters’ development, leading the community activities and taking part in local government management. By her opinion, the educational renewal is the biggest challenge in the university at the moment and implementation of new learning styles is the most exciting part of job.
"The programme not only provides students with high quality training in business administration but also bring to students an entrepreneurial awareness which is essential for today’s business success. In addition, the innovative teaching methods, approachable teaching staff, and modern learning environment will ensure an excellent learning experience. I would like to invite you to undertake the BBA programme in TalTech University in one of the world’s most dynamic and entrepreneurial regions."
Xiaosong Zheng, Associate Professor
TalTech School of Business and Governance
Why this specialty?
- Largest and most international faculty of business and economics in Estonia
- According to Eduniversal Masters ranking, TalTech School of Business and Governance's MBA programme is among 10 best in Eastern Europe
- Many opportunities for start-up businesses, business model competitions and international summer schools
- Co-operation with Estonian corporate sector and state institutions (main partners are Swedbank, Bank of Estonia, SEB, Nordea, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG etc.)
- TalTech alumni membership; some of the members are in leading positions in Estonian economy and in business, which in turn enables to find business partners in the region
Graduates are working as middle and leading specialists in Estonian enterprises as well as abroad, in the European Union and elsewhere. Many of today's leaders in Estonia and this region are graduates from TalTech School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge, skills, and experiences are recognized in diverse sectors; from the central bank to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries.
All graduates interested in scientific research can apply for PhD programme places at TalTech School of Business and Governance.
"The reason I first came to study in TalTech University was the fact that this university provides a truly innovative, friendly and international environment. As a person who comes from a trilingual family background and lived most of her life abroad, I have always been very impressed with how much care and effort the university puts in the education and wellbeing of its international students. After finishing my bachelor degree, I went to Germany for a year to start with my master’s degree. However, I had to realise very soon that I missed the motivating learning environment that TalTech offers so I made a decision to move back to Tallinn to start with my MBA degree and continue working as the Head of International Affairs of United Nations Association Estonia."
Juliane Jokinen, Finland
Alumna of the International Business Administration
At least 2 years working experience is required as a middle manager or specialist
- Aspects evaluated during the interview:
- Why have do you prefer MBA programm over other study fields?
- Why do you want to study International Bussiness Addministration?
- Do you have any previous experience or connection to this field?
- What are in your opinion the most useful features of Business Administration academic program? Which subjects presented in the program are likely to be your favourite?
- What are your career plans for the near future? What about long-term career plans?
- Which of your personal traits and professional skills will be most useful when studying International Business Administration ?
- How willl MBA diploma acquired at TalTech will help you to achieve your goals?
- As you should be aware, acquiring MA degree requires writing a thesis. Which topic and why would you choose for your thesis?
- How do you feel about writing and academic work and reading significant amount of academic literature? Is this something you can cope with and manage without problems?
Grading scale: 0-100
Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. The maximum score for online interview is 100 points. An applicant who receives the minimum of 51 points is admitted.
TalTech international admissions office
TalTech international admissions office provides general advice to prospective Bachelor’s and Master’s degree applicants and their advisers about applying to and studying at TalTech University.
Student counsellor at School of Business and Governance
Student counsellor at School of Business and Governance can help you
with questions about the study programme.
(+372) 620 3940
Contact a Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador can help you with questions about living in Estonia, travelling to Estonia, work and housing options or free time activities for students.