International Business Administration
Degree awarded: Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Workload: 120 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 2 years
Pre-Requisites: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, employment of at least 2 years as a middle manager or specialist is required
Tuition fees and scholarships: 1 ECTS = 55 EUR. Nominal study load per 1 year = 60 ECTS/€3300, 5 tuition fee waiver scholarships available that guarantee free studies. Detailed information about the scholarship is available here
Number of places available: 20
This programme uses the traditional content and curriculum of MBA studies and is tailor-made for future leaders in private and public life. The MBA programme focuses on specific areas such as entrepreneurship, corporate finance, business to business marketing, organisational management, EU institutions, ethical issues in the international business environment, and more. In the programme design, key words are comparability, practicability and extensiveness, which all can be summed up in one concept – quality. Students will become experts in how to successfully do international business and they have the opportunity to study business environment in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
- According to Eduniversal Masters ranking, TTÜ School of Business and Governance`s MBA programme is among 10 best in Eastern Europe
- Largest and most international faculty of business and economics in Estonia
- Many opportunities for start-up businesses, business model competitions and international summer schools
- Programmes provide a good blend of theoretical knowledge coupled with practical results-oriented training
The students can choose the topics for their graduation thesis among the subjects in basic, core and special studies and get knowledge about thesis writing in special Master Thesis workshop specialized in management, marketing, finance and accounting.
Some 80% of Estonian top CEOs, public leaders and managers are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance (according to the statistics carried out by Estonian business paper Äripäev). Many of today's graduates' knowledge and skills are recognised in diverse sectors; from the banks to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries. Great career success stories of our MBA graduates are mentioned daily in the mass media. The career perspectives and opportunities are not limited to the field of Business Administration, but are also present in IT, Marketing, Finance, Governance and many other areas.
As in many leading schools, TTÜ School of Business and Governance’s MBA curriculum blends current academic theories with practical business knowledge. The MBA program focuses on specific areas such as entrepreneurship, organizational management, EU institutions, ethical issues in the international business environment, and more.
By choosing to study for an MBA at the School of Business and Governance, you choose to learn how to be a leader. You will have opportunities to become an expert in how to successfully do business in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
Many of today's leaders in Estonia and this region are graduates from TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge, skills, and experience are recognized in diverse sectors; from the central bank to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries.
TTÜ School of Business and Governance is an international and progressive school, delivering and applying original business thinking and teaching, informed by the contemporary commercial environment. 80% of Estonian top managers are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance (according to the statistics of Estonian business paper Äripäev).
In programme design the key words are comparability, practicability and extensiveness, which all can be summed up in one concept – quality. Comparability of programmes provides an opportunity to successfully participate in student exchange programmes, and in the future, to continue studies at doctoral level in any renowned university in the world.
TTÜ School of Business and Governance
FORTUNATUS PER SCIENTIAM! – Success through knowledge!
TTÜ School of Business and Governance has been providing business education for 75 years. That makes the School of Business and Governance the oldest and the biggest school with its approximately 2000 students in its field in Estonia. TTÜ School of Business and Governance is the market leader in providing university level education in economics and business administration in Estonia
The majority of the leaders in the business and economic sector of Estonia are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Great career success stories of our MBA graduates are mentioned daily in the mass media. The career perspectives and opportunities are not limited to the field of Business Administration, but are also present in IT, Marketing, Finance, Governance and many others.
As in many leading schools Economics and Business Administration, TTÜ School of Business and Governance's academic trends blend with practical and professional knowledge. Priorities of our MBA programme focus on finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, institutions of the EU, theory of organization and management, business ethics, domestic and international business and more. By choosing the MBA programme at TTÜ School of Business and Governance, you will learn how to become a leader. The curriculum of this programme uses the traditional content of MBA studies. You will also have an opportunity to become an expert in the fields of the Baltic Region, the European Union, Scandinavia and Russia.
A major portion of today’s leaders in Estonia’s business and economy sector are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge and skills are recognized in diverse sectors – from the central bank to the ministries, from the information technology and telecommunication companies to the commercial banks and industry.
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- CV - at least 2 years working experience is required
Motivation letter/ personal statement
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please include following:
- What and where have you studied, how does your academic background fit to the degree programme you are applying for? What knowledge and skills gathered in your previous education will be useful? (0-2 points)
- Describe your professional goals. How does the degree programme you are applying for will support your professional profile? (0-2 points)
- Have you already gathered any relevant practical work experience? (0-2 points)
- Why do you want to study at the School of Economics and Business Administration of TTÜ? (0-2 points)
- Please point out 1-2 potential research questions of your interest (0-2 points)
Grading scale: 0-10 points.
Positive scale: 5-10 points.
The candidate must collect at least 5 points to be in the competition.
PS! It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter, because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.
The yearly fee for a typical student is calculated based on 60 ECTS per year (full study load). The following is an estimation based on 2017/2018 fees:
- 1 ECTS is 55 EUR
- first study year is 3300 EUR
A tuition fee waiver is a non-monetary scholarship granted automatically to the best ranked candidates, according to the points earned in the course of admission. There is no separate application required. Decisions are made based on the Dreamapply application. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period. Recipients of the scholarships are required to study full-time, i.e. with the workload of at least 60 ECTS per year. If the student starts studying part-time, he/she will lose the tuition fee waiver and will start paying for studies.
For scholarship options please check www.ttu.ee/scholarships.
- Graduates are working as middle and leading specialists in Estonian enterprises as well as abroad, in the European Union and elsewhere. Many of today's leaders in Estonia and this region are graduates from TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge, skills, and experiences are recognized in diverse sectors; from the central bank to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries.
- All graduates interested in scientific research can candidate for PhD programme places at TTÜ School of Business and Governance.
"The reason I first came to study in Tallinn University of Technology was the fact that this university provides a truly innovative, friendly and international environment. As a person who comes from a trilingual family background and lived most of her life abroad, I have always been very impressed with how much care and effort the university puts in the education and wellbeing of its international students. After finishing my bachelor degree, I went to Germany for a year to start with my master’s degree. However, I had to realise very soon that I missed the motivating learning environment that TTÜ offers so I made a decision to move back to Tallinn to start with my MBA degree and continue working as the Head of International Affairs of United Nations Association Estonia."
Juliane Jokinen, Finland
Alumna of the International Business Administration
The teaching staff includes experienced scholars as well as successful practicing managers from the Estonian business world and abroad.
- Prof. Jaan Alver- leading professors in Estonia, authors of textbooks in accounting
- Prof. Lehte Alver - leading professor in financial accounting in Estonia
- Prof. Enn Listra – professor in finance and member of the Board of the Bank of Estonia
- Marko Saag – a top instructor and lecturer in taxation, Attela Attorneys at Law
- Ricardo Vicente (Spain) – a lecturer in statistics and econometrics
- Prof. Gunnar Prause (Germany) - visiting professor in logistics and supply chain management
- Peeter Luikmel - lecturer in Money and Financial services, The Bank of Estonia
- Mari Avarmaa - visiting lecturer in Financial management, Nordea bank
TTÜ School of Business and Governance has a long experience in teaching international students from all over the world. Students are guided through their studies by experienced advisors who answer queries and act as problem-solvers on behalf of the students.
- Possibility to study one semester abroad free of charge in one of TTÜ School of Business and Governance`s 80 Erasmus partner universities
- Co-operation with Estonian corporate sector and state institutions (main partners are Swedbank, Bank of Estonia, SEB, Nordea, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG etc)
- TTÜ alumni membership; some of the members are in leading positions in Estonian economy and in business, which in turn enables to find business partners in the region
"The programme not only provides students with high quality training in business administration but also bring to students an entrepreneurial awareness which is essential for today’s business success. In addition, the innovative teaching methods, approachable teaching staff, and modern learning environment will ensure an excellent learning experience. I would like to invite you to undertake the BBA programme in Tallinn University of Technology in one of the world’s most dynamic and entrepreneurial regions."
Xiaosong Zheng, Associate Professor
TTÜ School of Business and Governance