ICT thesis contest 2020
June 17, preliminary agenda
The competition takes place for the seventh time, including all the School of IT specialities.
ICT thesis competition scholarship fund is 4300€. The scholarship fund is co-financed by Study IT in Estonia Programme. Each category winner is awarded with a scholarship of 500€ (exception is the BSc* level software category). The special prize is 200€ for BSc* and 300€ for MSc. In addition, Icefire-named scholarship worth of 500€ will be granted.
- acknowledge thesis writers for their academic accomplishments;
- introduce the process of thesis defence;
- involve as many students as possible in the audience, to give them a possibility to gather inspiration for writing their own thesis;
- introduce the themes and level of students’ theses to companies;
- give good opportunities for companies and students to meet and discuss potential collaboration possibilities.
- May 20th - June 11th – period for submitting formal application and thesis*;
- no later than June 16th - organizers announce who has qualified (or not qualified) to the final stage;
- June 16th – submit defense speech slideshow digitally to iktkonkurss at taltech dot ee;
- June 17th – ICT thesis contest (final stage).
- Documents (application and thesis) should be submitted via TalTech Development Fund’s web form (application can be submitted starting from May 20th).
- The documents must be in pdf format.
For further details see the terms of participation here!
* An application is deemed to be accepted if the thesis has received a recommendation to participate in the competition from the defense committee (see the terms of participation, clause 4); a personal deadline for submitting an application is notified by email.