ESN TUT International Club
ESN TUT International Club http://ic.tipikas.ee/
- is a society set up by the Student’s Council of Tallinn University of Technology. It is also a section of Erasmus Student Network (ESN), an international student organization set up to help exchange students.
Its mission is to help foreign students on settling in into the Estonian lifestyle and make their stay in Estonia as smooth and pleasant as possible. Every exchange student will be provided with a personal tutor who will help international students with any questions they might have, providing advice and answers to any social or educational problems that international students might have.
The mission of ESN TUT International Club (IC) is to integrate international students into Estonian life. ESN TUT International Club was officially founded in 2003 and consists of 20-30 active students of TUT. Tutors are mostly 2nd- and 3rd-year local student volunteers.
IC tutors are happy, open-minded, friendly and helpful young people who are prepared to assist foreign students. Your tutor will pick you up at the airport, harbour, railway or bus station and will take you to your residence.
During Orientation Days, tutors will introduce you to the university campus, give some advice about staying in Estonia and guide you around the educational system of our University. In addition, there will be plenty of activities such as excursions, seminars, trips and parties, organized for students by IC. Traditional events are IC fair, International Dinner, a trip to South-Estonia and survival trip to Naissaar.
Throughout the semester several events are organised for all the international students (exchange and degree students) staying at Tallinn University of Technology!
Facts about ESN TUT International Club
- International Club was founded on 21st October, 2003 by a group of active students whose aim was to help international students.
- After years of collaboration with ESN Tallinn, IC itself became a member of ESN in 2009.
- Members this semester: 62
- Erasmus and exchange students at TUT this semester: ~250
- It is governed by a board of 3 members
As you are a member of TUT International student body you might be interested in different activities and events that IC and Student Union organize for all international students.
As soon as you become a student of TUT your e-mail address will be automatically added to IC mailing list. Pay attention to these emails asthis is one of the main information boards for upcoming events and different offers.
If you don’t get any e-mails please contact International Study Center.